2005 - PRESENT // CLAIRE HUNG DESIGN
FREELANCE ARCHITECT & INTERIOR DESIGNER
- Chelsea, New York - 3,000 sq ft interior refresh for an international PR firm located in the heart of Chelsea.
- Midtown, New York - 1,500 sq ft interior design for a hedge fund office located in a newly constructed high-rise building.
- Fit + Flow Yoga - 1,500 sq ft partial gut renovation and interior design of a two-classroom fitness studio with treatment room, private studio, bathrooms and reception/retail area.
- Upper West Side, New York - 1,000 sq ft interior renovation of a one bedroom, two bath apartment; included new furniture, fixtures and custom finishes throughout.
- Upper East Side, New York - 1,200 sq ft partial gut-renovation of a one bedroom, one and a half bath apartment; included custom finished floors, new architectural elements, as well as furniture, fixtures and finishes. Worked directly with Building Management, Licensed Architect, Permit Expediter, and Contractor from start to finish.
- Eva's Play Pups - 1,500 sq ft interior renovation of a doggy daycare in Williamsburg, Brooklyn; included custom finished floors, new reception, furniture & finishes. Worked directly with Licensed Architect, Permit Expediter, and Contractor from start to finish.
- Get Glue (now Telfie) - 3,000 sq ft interior design for an office suite in the Flatiron District, New York; included custom floor refinishing, furniture, fixtures and finishes. Worked directly with Building Management and Contractor from start to finish.
- Brooklyn, New York - 1,200 sq ft interior design for a condo at The Edge in Williamsburg; included finishes & furniture, as well as custom upholstery.
- Queens, New York - A three family residence requiring interior design services for the kitchens and bathrooms of each unit.
- DiMattia Design - Worked as an Architectural consultant to a Licensed Contractor on Commercial & Residential projects throughout New York City, Brooklyn, & Queens.
2011 - 2016 // FIT + FLOW YOGA
INTERIOR ARCHITECT & DESIGNER; BRANDING, WEB & ADVERTISING DESIGNER; MANAGER AND SOLE OWNER
- A five-week partial gut-renovation of a 1,500 sq ft commercial space with custom designed built-in Pilates equipment, on a budget of $20,000.
- Developed and offered programs in Yoga, Pilates, Massage, Acupuncture, Facials and Personal Training seven days a week, as well as a full-service retail store in the reception area.
- Developed The Kinelogica Method & certification program,certified teachers for classes and private sessions in order for them to teach at the studio.
- Trained, managed and scheduled a staff of 25+ people.
- Managed customer relations with the aid of the administrative staff.
2006 - 2007 // RASMUSSEN ARCHITECTS
SENIOR ARCHITECT, INTERIOR DESIGNER & PROJECT MANAGER
Schematic Design; Design Development; Bid & Construction Documents; Building Review Submittals; Permit Filing Coordination; Construction Administration; Engineer, Consultant & Vendor Coordination; Shop Drawing Review; Interior Design Sourcing & Installation.
- Upper West Side, New York - 1,500 sq ft expansion of an apartment into the neighboring
apartment. Expansion was done without disturbing tenants habitability.
- Upper East Side, New York - 5,000 sq ft renovation of a Charles Platt duplex apartment with approx. 3 million dollar budget. Included a three month emergency interior furnishing for client to move-in.
- Katonah, New York - 20,000 sq ft ground-up two-story residence with a full-size basketball/tennis court in the basement. Required constant Engineering and Construction coordination.
- West Side Montessori School, New York - 12,000 sq ft multi-phase “green” renovation including a commercial kitchen,
administrative spaces and classrooms, located on the Upper Westside of New York.
- Indian Road Cafe - 2,500 sq ft commercial gut renovation located in Inwood, New York, with full commercial kitchen installation and permitting.
2005 - 2006 // ORSINI DESIGN ASSOCIATES
INTERMEDIATE ARCHITECT, INTERIOR DESIGNER & PROJECT MANAGER
Design Development; Space Planning; Construction Documents; Construction Administration; Shop Drawing Review; & Sourcing
- Hamilton, Massachusetts – 25,000+ sq ft Rustic Colonial remodel with approximately 1.5 million dollar budget on an 8 month timeline.
- Longboat Key, Florida – 12,000+ sq ft Modern Asian-style Penthouse with a 1 million dollar budget.
- US Embassy, The Hague – 30,000 sq ft Early American mansion in the Netherlands with approximately a 3 million dollar budget.
- Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts – 8,000 sq ft remodel of a summer home situated on a tennis court with approximately a 1 million dollar budget.
- Soho, New York – 3,000 sq ft modern loft for an established fashion designer, requiring both living and studio space with approximately budget of 1.3 million for the interior.
2004 - 2005 // TIM MURPHY DESIGN ASSOCIATES
JUNIOR ARCHITECT, INTERIOR DESIGNER & PROJECT MANAGER
Interior Design & Sourcing; Design Development; Space Planning; Construction Documents; Permit Processing; & Construction Administration
- Supperclub SF – 6,000+ sq ft nightclub with performance and dining space, private party room and bar located in the SOMA district of San Francisco, California
- SF Transit Offices – 20,000 +/- sq ft office building located in Oakland, California requiring a complete interior remodel and Mechanical upgrade.
- Nob Hill Apartments – several 2,000 +/- sq ft high-end apartments in the Nob Hill neighborhood of San Francisco, requiring complete kitchen and bathroom remodels and new finishes throughout.
- Otis Bar – 1,500 +/- sq ft 2-story bar located in Downtown San Francisco with a complete interior gut and redesign on a $500,000 budget.
2003 - 2004 // MCCALL DESIGN GROUP
JUNIOR ARCHITECT & PROJECT MANAGER
Design Development; Space Planning; Code Research; Construction Documents & Construction Administration
- The Gap Inc. (Banana Republic, The Gap, Old Navy) – Multiple commercial retail store remodels located throughout 48 states. One of which was a 2,500 sq ft interior remodel of a Banana Republic store located at Bal Habour Shops in Longboat Key, Florida that required a complete hurricane storefront upgrade.
1999 - 2003 // UC BERKELEY, COLLEGE OF ENVIRONMENTAL DESIGN
BACHELORS OF ARTS IN ARCHITECTURE WITH A MINOR IN LANDSCAPE DESIGN
- Focused studies on Japanese & Scandinavian modern design
- Studied Scandinavian Architecture at DIS in Copenhagen, Denmark in the Spring of 2002
- Interned at The Royal Parks in London, England in the Summer of 2002. Celebrated the Royal Parks at Highgrove House with Prince Charles, and was a sponsored participant in the Queen's Golden Jubilee.
- Interned at JSW/D Architects in Berkeley, California in the Spring of 2003. Responsible for model making and hand-drafting presentation plans.
- Worked as an aquatics supervisor overseeing 100 lifeguards & six pools within one year of lifeguarding part time.
1995 - 1999 // Le Lycee Français de Los Angeles & Brentwood School of Art
1997 - 1999 // immaculate heart of los angeles
junior high school
- Excelled at Math & Science
- Competitive Swimmer on the second best all-girls swim team in Los Angeles County
- Competitive Volleyball player
- Active as a child actress
1991 - 1997 // page private school of hancock park, los angeles
- Graduated in the top of the class
- Awarded the role of Master of Ceremonies for all school events
- Active as a child actress
- Grew up on a horse ranch in San Diego riding and take care of the horses.
- Barrel raced horses for fun.
- Studied transcendental meditation at the age of 11
- Became a junior lifeguard with first aid & CPR training
- CPR trained Babysitter